The catalog of Jerez, a rich and varied, urban travel predisposes us to investigate and establish artistic routes arrested yesterday on a historic stone such. The Muslim Jerez, churches, palaces, streets and squares of the traditional village of the city provide us sufficient and able to help us better understand the long evolution of the population.
The Alcázar Palace mosque is a twelfth-century Almohad construction and the only survivor in Jerez Muslim. Although small in size, given its role as a private oratory, has all the typical elements of a mosque: a small entry courtyard, tower or minaret, the courtyard of ablutions and the prayer hall with the qibla and the mihrab. With the conquest of Jerez by Alfonso X the Wise in 1264 the mosque became a chapel of Santa Maria. An altar with summaries of the ballads that gave her the wise king, remember the Christian use of the building.
The former collegiate church, built in seat cathedral of the Diocese of AsidoniaJerez by Pope John Paul II, is a baroque building built between 1695 and 1778 on the original church which was the Savior who, in turn, occupied the site of the main mosque that existed in the Muslim Jerez. The Mudejar tower descent, prepared independently from the rest of the building was, perhaps, the minaret of the mosque Christianized.
Restaurante El Gallo Azul
Situated in one of the most emblematic buildings of Jerez, the 'Gallo Azul "which takes the name of the restaurant, this building is an absolute reference at the center of the city. The firm sent him to winemaking Domecq construircomo gift to the city of Jerez on the occasion of the Universal Exposition in Seville in 1929.
El Gallo Azul is a typical tapas place based on a traditional Andalusian cuisine adapted to new trends, achieving a perfect harmony between the wines and brandies of Jerez and the products of the soil, as demonstrated in the specialties of the house : tuna to old amontillado mounted potato cream, hamburguesita monkfish and prawns with pepper cream.